Pre-approved National Information, Security, Geospatial Technologies Consortium (NISGTC) and affiliate college individuals may be eligible for up to $1,500 in travel reimbursement. Please review the following information prior to making travel arrangements. You are personally responsible for following the guidelines below.
Questions and concerns should be directed to Christina Titus at 972.377.1786 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be eligible for this level of reimbursement, you must meet the following criteria.
The $1,500 in travel reimbursement can cover the following seven categories. Please click the link for detailed information about allowable expenses in each category. All are listed on the “Request for Travel Reimbursement” form.
|Travel Category||What you Submit|
|Car||Google Maps/MapQuest printout showing mileage|
|Airfare||Receipt with passenger name, total amount paid,
form of payment, and itinerary
|Parking (at your home airport)||Original receipts|
|Lodging||Itemized paid invoice showing payee, method of
payment, and zero balance
|Meals (for any not provided by the event)||Completed Excel “Per Diem Worksheet”|
|Baggage Check||Original receipts|
Expenses Not Covered
The following expenses are NOT reimbursable. Please see detailed travel categories below for specific exclusions.
* Car rentals
* Shuttle/taxi services between hotel and campus will not be covered as they are provided free by suggested hotels
* Toll fees and gasoline purchases
* Travel agent fees/commissions or travel insurance (includes fees charged by on-line travel sites)
* Airline upgrades and extra fees
* Hotel room upgrades, valet parking, and personal expenses
* Tips and gratuities
Please note also that Collin College will not reimburse for airline and hotel bundles purchased through online travel sites (e.g. Travelocity Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, etc.) if an itemized airfare or hotel receipt cannot be obtained by the traveler. Many of these sites charge one rate for both airfare and hotel and often the hotel cannot provide the sort of itemized paid invoice that Collin requires for reimbursement. In general, Collin College urges you to avoid these on-line travel websites even if you're not buying a bundled package. If the travel website or the vendor (hotel, airline) cannot provide you an itemized receipt of payment, your expenses will not be reimbursed.
Special Expenses Requiring Pre-approval
Pre-approval is required from the NISGTC for the following two situations. If you do not get these special expenses approved in advance by Friday, June 13, 2014, these expenses will not be reimbursed.
* You want to drive instead of fly*
* You anticipate expenses above the $1500 cap
* The NISGTC will reimburse on a first-come, first-served basis until funds are exhausted. Your travel reimbursement eligibility will be confirmed via e-mail within 48 hours of your registration for the event.
* Reimbursement requests will not be processed until after the event ends and after you have provided all required paperwork and original receipts as described above.
* That paperwork is due no later than Friday, August 8, 2014. If you are not able to provide all required documentation by this date you waive your right to reimbursement
* The NISGTC follows Collin College’s policy on travel reimbursements. All decisions of the Collin College Business Office regarding travel reimbursements will be final.
* All reimbursement submissions are subject to review and approval and may not be guaranteed.
* An important rule of thumb: always select the mode of travel that provides the lowest total cost to Collin College. To do otherwise risks the denial of your reimbursement request.
Request for Travel Reimbursement form
Per Diem Worksheet - Excel Spreadsheet
Texas Hotel Occupancy Tax Exemption Certificate
Travel Guidelines handout (hard copy version of this webpage)
* Complete and sign the “Request for Travel Reimbursement” form – a paper copy with an ink signature is required. (Please note that at the top, “Travel START Date & Time” refers to the day and time that you left your house and “Travel END Date & Time” refers to the day and time that you returned home.)
* Complete the Excel “Per Diem Worksheet” spreadsheet. (Please note that at the top, “Time Left” refers to the day and time that you left your house and “Time Returned” refers to the day and time that you returned home.)
* Provide original receipts and invoices – no copies, no faxes. Please tape all receipts to 8 ½ x 11 paper. DO NOT use staples. These will be attached to the “Request for Travel Reimbursement” form.
* If you are requesting mileage, provide a Google Maps or MapQuest print-out documenting miles traveled.
Completed travel reimbursement forms along with backup documentation should be mailed by Friday, August 8, 2014 to:
attn Christina Titus
9700 Wade Blvd. #J130
Frisco, TX 75035
All questions regarding DOL NISGTC Participant travel should be directed to Christina Titus 972.377.1786
Reimbursable Expenditure Details
You must submit a print-out of your route documenting miles traveled, using either Google Maps or MapQuest.
The allowable mileage between two points is the shortest route between those two points. Mileage is currently reimbursed at 56c/mile and paid to the driver only.
Driving instead of flying must be pre-approved by Friday, June 13. In the event you choose to drive rather than fly to North Texas and are approved to do so, you will only be reimbursed the cost of the less expensive mode of travel. For instance, if it costs $150 to fly round trip to North Texas (including airport parking, bag fees, and mileage to and from the airport), and $250 for mileage, you would only be reimbursed the $150.
Toll fees will not be reimbursed. Gasoline purchases will not be reimbursed.
Local mileage, including mileage between the Collin College Preston Ridge Campus (PRC) and your Frisco hotel, will not be reimbursed. It is expected that you will pick a hotel that is either within walking distance to PRC or offers complimentary transportation to the campus. All hotels suggested on this wiki website have made assurances that free shuttle service is available.
You must submit a receipt with passenger name, total amount paid, form of payment, and itinerary. A “confirmation” or “reservation” email is not enough.
The NISGTC will pay for a basic coach seat and one checked bag each direction. A 21-day advance purchase is required for all airline tickets. Specifically, if you buy a ticket after Monday, June 16, you will only be reimbursed for the amount the ticket would have been had it been purchased 21 days in advance. For instance, if you buy a ticket on June 17 for $500 and Collin College determines that the ticket would have cost $300 on June 16, you will only be reimbursed the $300.
Flight insurance, seat upgrades, early check-in or early boarding, preferred seating (unless there is proof no other seating category is available), or extra-leg room (unless a medical necessity as described by a doctor), and similar fees will not be reimbursed.
If you’re forced to buy a more expensive seat because there was no other seats available on your flight, to be reimbursed for that extra cost, please submit a screen shot or printout proving that no other seats were available to you at the time of purchase.
Again, if you want to drive rather than fly to a destination, you must be pre-approved by the NISGTC by Friday, June 13. You will only be reimbursed for the less expensive mode of travel.
List any applicable bag-check fees under “Other” on the “Request for Travel Reimbursement” form. Tips and gratuity will not be reimbursed.
You must submit original receipts of expenditures. Blank taxi receipts will not be accepted – the receipt must include taxi company name, service date, and pick-up/drop-off locations.
Mode of transportation from DFW airport to your Frisco hotel (via taxi or shuttle) should be the mode most economical to Collin College.
Tips and gratuity will not be reimbursed.
Local transportation (via taxi or shuttle) from your Frisco hotel to PRC will not be reimbursed. It is expected that you will pick a hotel that is either within walking distance to PRC or offers complimentary transportation to the campus. All hotels suggested on this wiki website have made assurances that free shuttle service is available.
If you are renting a car in Dallas, which is not a reimbursable expense, you may be reimbursed the reasonable, economical cost of a shuttle or taxi round trip from DFW to your Frisco hotel.
You must submit original receipts of expenditures at your home city airport. Only reasonable, economical parking fees will be reimbursed. No valet parking accepted.
You must submit an itemized paid invoice showing payee, check-in/check-out times, method of payment, and zero balance. A “confirmation” or “reservation” email is not enough.
It is up to the individual to book a hotel room.
Collin College will not reimburse a room costing more than $140/night including taxes.
Valet parking, room upgrades, movies, alcohol, or any other similar personal expenses will not be reimbursed.
Texas educators are encouraged to complete and submit the Texas Hotel Occupancy Tax Exemption Certificate to their hotel to be exempt from state taxes. Collin College will not reimburse state occupancy taxes for Texas educators.
You must submit a completed Excel “Per Diem Worksheet” spreadsheet.
Meals are reimbursed on a per diem basis and do not require receipts.
For this event, the rates are set at $10 for breakfast, $15 for lunch, and $21 for dinner.
Per diem for meals will be paid based on Collin College’s standard workday of 8:00 am to 5:00 pm:
* Breakfast will be reimbursed if you leave home for the trip prior to 7:00am or return home after 1:00pm.
* Lunch will be reimbursed if you are away from home anytime between 11:00am and 1:00pm.
* Dinner will be reimbursed if you leave home for the trip after 5:00pm or return home after 6:00pm.
You are not eligible for per diem reimbursement for any meals provided as a part of the NISGTC event you’re attending. The Excel “Per Diem Worksheet” spreadsheet will show which meals were provided by the event. If you elect not to eat these event-provided meals, you will not be reimbursed for your meal expense unless you provide documentation that shows you were not medically allowed to eat the food provided at the event.
You must submit an original receipt. Only one bag fee per trip leg will be reimbursed. Tips and gratuity will not be reimbursed.
Driving Vs. Flying
Driving instead of flying must be pre-approved by Friday, June 13, 2014. Should you choose to drive rather than fly, you will only be eligible for the following reimbursement expenses. Also, only the cost of the less expensive mode of travel will be reimbursed.
In general, if you drive alone, your mileage reimbursement will be capped at the cost of a round-trip airline ticket (plus estimated airport parking, bag fees, and mileage to and from the airport). For instance, if it costs $150 to fly round trip to North Texas (including airport parking, bag fees, and mileage to and from the airport), and $250 for mileage, you would only be reimbursed the $150.
If you're carpooling with another Working Connections attendee, however, then the NISGTC may consider reimbursing you the full amount for your round-trip mileage.
|Reimbursements if you fly||Reimbursements if you drive|
|Mileage round-trip home to airport OR Shuttle/taxi round-trip home to airport||Mileage round-trip home to hotel|
|Home airport parking fees|
|Airfare and one checked bag in each direction|
|Shuttle/taxi round-trip airport to hotel|
|Per Diem (for meals not provided at event)||Per Diem (for meals not provided at event)|