CCN Participant Travel
Pre-approved Convergence College Network and partner college individuals that live more than one hour away from PRC may be eligible for up to $1,600 travel reimbursement.
Please review the following information prior to making travel arrangements. You are personally responsible for following the guidelines below. Questions and concerns should be directed to Mark Dempsey at 972.377.1582 or email@example.com.
To be eligible for this level of reimbursement, you must meet the following criteria.
The $1,600 reimbursement can cover following eight categories however please click the link for detailed information about allowable expenses in each category. All are listed on the “Request for Travel Reimbursement ” form.
|~ Travel Category||~ What you Submit|
|Car||Google Maps/MapQuest printout showing mileage|
|Airfare (plus one checked bag each direction)|| Receipt with passenger name, total amount paid,
form of payment, and itinerary
|Car Rental||Original paid invoice|
|Parking (at your home airport)||Original receipts|
|Lodging|| Itemized paid invoice showing payee, method of
payment, and zero balance
|Meals (for any not provided by the event)||Completed Excel “Per Diem Worksheet”|
Expenses Not Covered
The following expenses are NOT reimbursable. Please see detailed travel categories below for more information.
* Shuttle/taxi services between hotel and campus will not be covered as they are provided free by suggested hotels
* Toll fees and gasoline purchases
* Travel agent fees
* Trip insurance, LDW or similar fees
* Airline upgrades and extra fees (one bag allowed)
* Room upgrades, valet parking and personal expenses
Special Expenses Requiring Pre-approval
Pre-approval is required from the Convergence Technology Center for the following expenses. Additional considerations and approvals are needed for these situations. If you do not get these special expenses approved in advance, they will not be reimbursed.
* You want to drive instead of fly*
* You want to rent a car
* You anticipate expenses above the $1600 cap
*Click here for more information about driving vs. flying
Pre-approval deadline is:
Friday, June 3, 2013
* Your travel reimbursement eligibility will be confirmed via e-mail within 48 hours of your registration for the event.
* Reimbursement requests will not be processed until after the event ends and after you have provided all required paperwork and original receipts as described above.
* That paperwork is due no later than Friday, August 16, 2013. If you are not able to provide all required documentation by this date you waive your right to reimbursement
* The Convergence Technology Center (CTC) follows Collin College’s policy on travel reimbursements. All decisions of the Collin College Business Office regarding travel reimbursements will be final.
* All reimbursement submissions are subject to review and approval and may not be guaranteed.
* An important rule of thumb: always select the mode of travel that provides the lowest total cost to Collin College. To do otherwise risks the denial of your reimbursement request.
Request for Travel Reimbursement form
Per Diem Worksheet - Excel Spreadsheet
Texas Hotel Occupancy Tax Exemption Certificate
* Complete and sign the “Request for Travel Reimbursement” form – a paper copy with an ink signature is required. (Please note that at the top, “Travel START Date & Time” refers to the day and time that you left your house and “Travel END Date & Time” refers to the day and time that you returned home.)
* Complete the Excel “Per Diem Worksheet” spreadsheet. (Please note that at the top, “Time Left” refers to the day and time that you left your house and “Time Returned” refers to the day and time that you returned home.)
* Provide original receipts and invoices – no copies, no faxes. Please tape all receipts to 8 ½ x 11 paper. DO NOT use staples. These will be attached to the “Request for Travel Reimbursement” form.
* If you are requesting mileage, provide a Google Maps or MapQuest print-out documenting miles traveled.
Completed travel reimbursement forms along with backup documentation should be mailed to:
National Convergence Technology Center
attn Mark Dempsey
9700 Wade Blvd. #J130
Frisco, TX 75035
All questions regarding CCN Participant travel should be directed to:
Reimbursable Expenditure Details
You must submit a print-out of your route documenting miles traveled, using either Google Maps or MapQuest.
The allowable mileage between two points is the shortest route between those two points. Mileage is currently reimbursed at 50c/mile and paid to the driver only.
Driving instead of flying must be pre-approved. In the event you choose to drive rather than fly to an event city and are approved to do so, you will only be reimbursed the cost of the less expensive mode of travel. For instance, if it costs $150 to fly round trip to San Antonio, and $250 for mileage, you would only be reimbursed the $150. More information about driving vs. flying can be found here.
Toll fees will not be reimbursed. Gasoline purchases will not be reimbursed.
Local mileage, including mileage between the event venue and your event city hotel, will not be reimbursed. It is expected that you will pick a hotel that is either within walking distance to the event venue or offers complimentary transportation to the event venue. All hotels suggested on this wiki website (LINK HERE) have made assurances that free shuttle service is available.
If you rent a car, you may not also request mileage reimbursement.
Back to Chart
You must submit a receipt with passenger name, total amount paid, form of payment, and itinerary.
The CTC will pay for a basic coach seat and one checked bag each direction. A 21-day advance purchase is required for all airline tickets. If you buy a ticket inside 21 days, you will only be reimbursed for the amount the ticket would have been had it been purchased 21 days in advance. For instance, if you buy a ticket 14 days out for $500 and Collin College determines that the ticket would have cost $300 21 days out, you will only be reimbursed the $300.
Flight insurance, seat upgrades, early check-in or early boarding, preferred seating (unless there is proof no other seating category is available), or extra-leg room (unless a medical necessity as described by a doctor), and similar fees will not be reimbursed.
Again, if you want to drive rather than fly to a destination, you must be pre-approved by the CTC. You will only be reimbursed for the less expensive mode of travel. More information about driving vs. flying can be found below.
List any applicable bag-check fees under “Other” on the “Request for Travel Reimbursement” form.
Back to Chart
You must submit original receipts of expenditures. Blank taxi receipts will not be accepted – the receipt must include taxi company name, service date, and pick-up/drop-off locations.
Mode of transportation from the event city airport to your event city hotel (via taxi, shuttle, or rental car) should be the mode most economical to Collin College.
Local transportation (via taxi or shuttle) from your event city hotel to the event venue will not be reimbursed. It is expected that you will pick a hotel that is either within walking distance to the event venue or offers complimentary transportation to the event venue. All hotels suggested on this wiki website (LINK HERE) have made assurances that free shuttle service is available.
Back to Chart
You must submit a paid invoice, which you will not receive until after return your car to the agency.
The use of rental cars is limited and must be preapproved by CTC for reimbursement. Approval is contingent in part on you arranging to carpool with at least one other event attendee. If you rent a car, you may not also request mileage reimbursement.
LDW (Loss Damage Waivers) and Roadside Assistance fees will not be reimbursed.
Toll fees and gasoline purchases (whether pre-paid with the rental agency or purchased on the road) will not be reimbursed.
More information about driving vs. flying can be found here.
Back to Chart
You must submit original receipts of expenditures at your home city airport. Only reasonable, economical parking fees will be reimbursed.
Back to Chart
You must submit an itemized paid invoice showing payee, method of payment, and zero balance.
It is up to the individual to book a hotel room.
Collin College will not reimburse a room costing more than $140/night including taxes.
Valet parking, room upgrades, movies, alcohol, or any other similar personal expenses will not be reimbursed.
Texas educators are encouraged to complete and submit the Texas Hotel Occupancy Tax Exemption Certificate (LINK HERE) to their hotel to be exempt from state taxes.
Back to Chart
You must submit a completed Excel “Per Diem Worksheet” spreadsheet.
Meals are reimbursed on a per diem basis and do not require receipts.
For this event, the rates are set at $8 for breakfast, $12 for lunch, and $16 for dinner.
Per diem for meals will be paid based on Collin College’s standard workday of 8:00 am to 5:00 pm:
* Breakfast will be reimbursed if you leave home for the trip prior to 8:00am or return home after 8:00am.
* Lunch will be reimbursed if you are away from home anytime between 11:00am and 2:00pm.
* Dinner will be reimbursed if you return home from the trip after 5:00pm or leave home before 5:00pm.
You are not eligible for per diem reimbursement for any meals provided as a part of the CTC event you’re attending. The Excel “Per Diem Worksheet” spreadsheet will show which meals were provided by the event. If you elect not to eat these event-provided meals, you will not be reimbursed for your meal expense unless you provide documentation that shows you were not medically allowed to eat the food provided at the event.
Back to Chart
List any applicable airline bag-check fees under “Other” on the “Request for Travel Reimbursement” form.
Back to Chart
Driving Vs. Flying
Driving instead of flying must be pre-approved. Should you choose to drive rather than fly, you will only be eligible for the following reimbursement expenses. Also, only the cost of the less expensive mode of travel will be reimbursed.
Click here for more details.
||~ Reimbursements if you fly ||~ Reimbursements if you drive ||
| Mileage round-trip home to airport OR |
Shuttle/taxi round-trip home to airport
|Mileage round-trip home to hotel|
|Airport parking fees|
|Airfare and one checked bag in each direction|
| Shuttle/taxi round-trip airport to hotel OR |
car rental if you're carpooling
|Per Diem (for meals not provided at event)||Per diem (for meals not provided at event)|